Protecting Our Community Through COVID-19
Protecting our patients, team and community has been our number ONE priority throughout the rapidly changing circumstances that defined March and April 2020. Throughout, we have weighed information provided by Governor Ivey, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Federal Government COVID-19 Task Force, the Alabama Dental Association, the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) and closely followed data regarding Alabama’s projected curve.
Dr. Durham and the Durham Orthodontics team did not make the decision to reopen lightly. You will begin to receive appointment confirmations for your upcoming appointment. We have always taken caring for the safety of our patients and team seriously and as such followed OSHA standards & guidelines for hygiene and sterilization. Since social distancing is a priority during this time, we will be implementing additional precautions along with those we already practice to ensure we do all we can to minimize the risk to and for the safety of each and every one of you.
Here’s what we are doing to protect you:
- Every staff member will wear N-95 masks.
- Treatment team members will wear safety goggles, masks and gloves for each patient.
- Dr. Durham and the orthodontic assistants will wear face shields and gown covers for certain procedures.
- Before and after each patient visit, we will clean with CDC-approved disinfectants.
- Every employee will have their temperature checked upon arriving at the office.
- As you arrive, you will be given health screening questions, informed consent forms.
- We will be taking each patient’s temperature using a touchless thermometer.
- We are providing hand sanitizers & soap throughout the office and will ask patients to wash their hands upon arriving.
- Patients and parents will be asked to wait in your car until we are ready to escort you into the treatment area.
- To reduce time and contact in the office, we will schedule follow-up appointments over the phone.
Changes You’ll see in the office:
- Contactless check-in through text.
- Social distancing by limiting the number of patients in the office.
- Our waiting area is closed.
- Patients ONLY will be allowed in the treatment bay area.
- Only 1 parent/caregiver is allowed to accompany a new patient to their exam.
- You will need to text upon arrival in the office and wait in your car until the patient can be seen.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Please be sure to brush your teeth before coming to your appointment.
- Please complete all paperwork and forms online prior to your appointment.
- We ask that everyone wears a mask or some form of facial covering for your nose and mouth when walking through the office.
- We respectfully ask parents/caregivers/friends/siblings etc. to stay in their car while the patient is being seen. For young children, 1 parent will be allowed to accompany their child into treatment area.
Please call or text us at 256-325-0078 for questions or to make an appointment.
Dr. Durham has been performing live video telehealth appointments, as well as virtual check-in appointments during the time our office has been closed. We will continue to provide this service to those patients that prefer to continue to shelter in place.
To access a virtual appointment with Dr. Durham, click on the “Start Your Virtual Appointment!” button.
We look forward to serving you and the community in-person.