WHAT TO EXPECT
Who We Are – What To Expect
Dr. Jay Durham is proud to be a part of the Madison & Huntsville communities and loves being from Alabama. He is passionate about providing patients of all ages with a reason to smile! Regardless of your age, he believes you should have a healthy smile that you are proud to share with others.
When you walk through our doors, you can expect smiling faces and to be treated like family. The Durham Orthodontics team takes their jobs seriously, and we want you to feel at home. Because we are excited to walk alongside you on your journey toward a beautiful, healthy smile, we will do all we can to make the process fun and stress-free!
No matter what, our top priority will always be protecting our patients, team, their families and our community. Regarding COVID-19 specifically, we have adopted many new precautions to add to the ones we already had in place to follow OSHA standard and guidelines for hygiene and sterilization. Our new protocols include social distancing and wearing face masks for everyone who enters our building.
We are also enforcing the following protocols to minimize the risk of exposure:
- Every staff member will wear N-95 masks.
- Treatment team members will wear safety goggles, masks and gloves for each patient.
- Durham and the orthodontic assistants will wear face shields and gown covers for certain procedures.
- Before and after each patient visit, we will clean with CDC-approved disinfectants.
- Every employee will have their temperature checked upon arriving at the office.
- As you arrive, we will give you health screening questions and informed consent forms.
- We will be taking each patient’s temperature using a touchless thermometer.
- We are providing hand sanitizers and soap throughout the office and will ask patients to wash their hands upon arriving.
- Patients and parents will be asked to wait in your car until we are ready to escort you into the treatment area.
- To reduce time and contact in the office, we will schedule follow-up appointments over the phone.
- Contactless check-in through text.
- Social distancing by limiting the number of patients in the office.
- Our waiting area is closed.
- Patients ONLY will be allowed in the treatment bay area.
- Only 1 parent/caregiver is allowed to accompany a new patient to their exam.
- You will need to text upon arrival in the office and wait in your car until the patient can be seen.
What We Need From You:
- Please be sure to brush your teeth before coming to your appointment.
- Please complete all paperwork and forms online prior to your appointment.
- We ask that everyone wears a mask or some form of facial covering for your nose and mouth when walking through the office.
- We respectfully ask parents/caregivers/friends/siblings etc. to stay in their car during the appointment. For young children, 1 parent will be allowed to accompany their child into treatment area.
Dr. Durham has been performing live video telehealth appointments, as well as virtual check-in appointments during the time our office has been closed. We will continue to provide this service to those patients who prefer to continue to shelter in place.
We Are Excited To Meet You
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with us to keep our office safe and healthy. We are so glad to have you in the Durham Orthodontics family and are here to answer any questions you may have.